Early Years Foundation Stage
At Kingfield Primary School we aim to provide an inclusive, high quality early years provision for both our Nursery and Reception Class, thereby giving our children a strong foundation for their future learning and well-being.
We provide safe and secure settings in which children have access to vibrant and stimulating indoor and outdoor areas. Practitioners plan and organise the curriculum so that it progresses and is differentiated according to the child's stage of development, knowledge and interests. Children are encouraged to become independent learners, through well resourced, enabling environments. Learning is active, play based, creative and includes first hand experiences.
The EYFS is based upon four principles:
- every child is a unique child, who is constantly learning and can be resilient,capable,confident and self assured;
- children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships;
- children learn and develop well in enabling environments, in which their experiences respond to their individual needs and there is a strong partnership between practitioners and parents and/or carers;
- children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates.
The curriculum is based round the Early Years Framework for the Foundation Stage (EYFS).
The EYFS is made up of seven areas of Learning and Development.
There are three prime areas:
- Communication and Language
- Physical development
- Personal, Social and Emotional development
and 4 specific areas.
- Understanding of the world
- Expressive arts and design
At Kingfield Primary School we value all areas of learning and development equally and understand that they are inter- connected. The children have time and freedom to become deeply involved in the activities and with their learning, and staff are skilled in planning in the moment; extending learning opportunities for the children. All areas of learning and development are provided, both inside and outside. Outdoor play and learning is a key part of our provision.
Please refer to Robin, and Blackbird's Class pages for more information.
Please also refer to 'School Information' for more details on:
- Nursery and school admissions
- Feet application form
- Nursery policy