A few reminders about returning after the Easter break:
- Usual uniform please! We'll still be having the external door open, so an extra layer underneath would be good.
- Bring in PE kits on Monday if possible (PE day are still Monday and Friday).
- The main blue pedestrian gate at 8.50am for drop off.
- Collection from the same gate at 2.35pm.
- Lunches are the same system as normal - please book them online or contact the office for help.
- Reading books will definitely need changing!!
We are REALLY looking forward to seeing all of the children having a buzzing classroom again! If there are any concerns or anxieties please do get in contact with us through the office.
The adults in Kingfisher class this term will be:
Mrs Snapper (Class Teacher) - also covering Thursdays and Fridays until Mrs Watts can rejoin us
Mrs Goldie (Class Teaching Assistant)
Miss Burton (Learning Support Assistant)
Mrs Murza (Learning Support Assistant - interventions)
Mrs Connors (HLTA covering Thursday afternoons).
Dates for your diary:
- Monday 19th April - School reopens
- Tuesday 27th April - Class photographs
- Monday 31st May - Half Term
- Monday 7th June - INSET Day
- Tuesday 8th June - INSET Day
- Wednesday 9th June - INSET Day
- Thursday 10th June - School reopens
- Wednesday 30th June - Potential trip to the Lookout Discovery Centre
- Wednesday 21st July - Last day of term, early finish
Please note - as we did before the break, we aim to have the classroom doors and windows open throughout the day as much as possible to allow the air to circulate. We would recommend that your child wears a vest under their uniform!
Monday and Friday
PE kits should be in school for the half term (including joggers and fleece). No earrings to be worn on PE days please.
Please bring the library book back each week so your child can renew it or swap it for a new one.
Spellings: The spellings sheet will typically come home on a Thursday, to be returned by Wednesday the following week.
Reading: Where possible, reading should happen at home daily. Ideally your child will read to an adult/older sibling out loud. They also have access to Bug Club online from home. https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login?c=0 , Password is ppp and the School Code is wcvy. Your child's log in is in the front of their reading diary.
Here's a copy of our typical weekly timetable this term:
Useful websites for additional home learning:
We have listed some websites below which you may find useful to use at home.
https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/ - this website is full of free eBooks! Make sure you use the filter to find books suitable for your age.
http://www.pobble365.com/ - this website has lots of imaginative inference and writing activities all around a different picture of each day.
https://www.twinkl.co.uk/ - this website is a go-to for most teachers on a weekly basis, so it will definitely help you immensely at home.
https://wonderopolis.org/ - this is a wonderful website to inspire curiosity with an interesting question of the day. Great for developing reading skills!
https://www.tynker.com/ - great for any Minecraft lovers, this website allows you to practise your computing coding skills.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks1/ the BBC Bitesize website has many age-appropriate activities and interactive learning games to play.
https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk. Your child can access Bug Club reading activities and some maths games on Active Learn. Each child's user name can be found in their Reading Record/on yellow card and the password is ppp. School Code is wcvy.
With your child's Reading Record is a yellow card - this has your child's log ins for many useful learning websites.
Values at Kingfield:
We will be considering the values of
RESPECT, RESILIENCE, EMPATHY and REFLECTION
Remember at Kingfield:
We take pride
We take care