To emphasise the caring ethos of our school, the staff and governors are committed to the following principles:-
- The welfare and well-being of each child is of paramount importance.
- Our policy works on the premise that abuse takes place in all communities and that school staff are particularly well-placed to identify and refer concerns and also to act to prevent children and young people from being abused.
- We respect and value each child as an individual.
- We are a listening school, and encourage an environment where children feel free to talk, knowing that they will be listened to.
- The protection of children from abuse is a whole-school issue, and the responsibility therefore of the entire school community.
- Our policy should be accessible in terms of understanding and availability. Regular training will ensure all adults in school are aware of indicators of concern or abuse and the designated safeguarding leads that such information should be promptly passed on to.
- We will use the school curriculum to resource our children to protect themselves from abuse, both as victims and as potential perpetrators.
Please find our children protection and safeguarding policy on our policies page on the school information tab.
Our designated safeguarding lead is David Jackson, headteacher. Our deputy designated safeguarding leads are Catherine Whittington, Deputy Headteacher and Amy Humphreys, Senior Leader. They can be contacted through the school office on 01483761885 or email@example.com