PE and Sports Premium Funding
Sports Premium funding is provided by the government to all maintained schools in England in order to improve the quality of provision for Physical Education. It is a set amount of money in which the school can spend as they wish on PE and sports.
Here at Kingfield, we constantly think about what our children need and how we can match these needs and provide all children with memorable experiences and improved learning opportunities. We have, and will continue to, channel our funding directly into developing the provision of Sport and PE throughout the school.
In order to measure the impact of this funding we have been, and will continue to:
- Speak to the children; measure the interest of children in different areas of the PE curriculum.
- Track the take up of children attending sports extra-curricular clubs.
- Track the progression of children in KS2 who are meeting the national curriculum requirements relating to swimming and water safety.
- Receive feedback from teachers on the quality of resources available and the impact on their teaching.
- Receive feedback from PE Subject Leader carrying out PE observations to monitor improvements in high quality teaching.
Below is a breakdown of how the latest funding here at Kingfield is being spent. It captures our annual spend against five key indicators. Furthermore, it clarifies the success criteria and evidence of impact measured to evaluate for students today and for the future.
Sports Premium 2017-2018